Lean, Mean Weaning Machine

Lean, Mean Weaning Machine
Wean Yourself Off Opiates!

Thursday, March 3, 2016

The Lean, Mean Weaning Machine Begins Today!

I have been on prescription pain medications for over 5 years. I started out on Vicodin & have worked my way up to Percocet 10, which I have been taking 2 pills, 3 times a day. 2 pills at 10AM, 2 pills at 4PM, 2 pills at 11PM. Today I cut my dosage down to 1 & 1/2 pills at the same time intervals, & at night I will be adding an ibuprofen OTC pain pill with a sleep aid to assist in getting a good night sleep. I am 53 years old & I have been successful in quitting things before. A few years ago I developed a cocaine habit, which I kicked and never went back to. It has been over a year since I quit marijuana which I used for decades. While marijuana is about the safest drug you can use, I felt I depended on it too much and that I had reached an impasse in using it. In the past year my health has improved, I feel better not requiring a bag of weed every day, I have more money now that I don't need to buy it. My breathing has improved, I'm no longer either cold or hot all the time, I have more physical energy. So today begins the 30 Day Weaning Off Percocet 10. Next week I will drop down to one pill 3 times a day & then 1/2 pill 3 times a day, supplementing with ibuprofen and naproxen to aid in the withdrawal symptoms. I will post my progress in this blog and maybe it will provide hope to someone else. Ultimately it will be my will that wins this battle. I must stay resolute in that a positive attitude will get me through this. I am on my way to be free of chemical dependence. What prompted this resolution is that my Doctor, who prescribes these pills to me, got in trouble covering for his own son, who is a heroin addict, here in Albion, Michigan. He can no longer prescribe these medications so he gave me my last prescription, with no advice whatsoever on how to get off them. Dr. Martin Holmes left me hanging with no explanation besides informing me that I have a rotten chance of finding another doctor that will give me these pills. So I am eliminating the problem altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment