Lean, Mean Weaning Machine

Lean, Mean Weaning Machine
Wean Yourself Off Opiates!

Saturday, March 12, 2016

As Long As I Can Sleep, I'll Make It! Don't Give Up!

I cut my dosage in half on Thursday, so this coming Thursday I'll be cutting the new dose in half, which means 1/2 a pill 3 times a day. A week after that, I'll be off them completely, and hopefully my body will have adjusted. Yesterday wasn't too bad, and today although some minor digestive distress and a stuffy nose, I'm doing okay! I woke up with a minor headache but it didn't last too long and I'm doing very well. I really thought it would be worse than it is. Today my pharmacy was robbed of its narcotic pain medications by some criminals in Battle Creek, who were arrested. How ironic. They'll probably have to order some more, but I won't be needing them. I'm feeling pretty proud of myself. Don't give up! I've past the halfway mark and by April Fools Day, I will be free of chemical dependence. I only need one sleeping pill (generic ZZZquil) to sleep all night, and sleep was my biggest worry, because I have been taking 2 Percocet 10s before sleep for almost 2 years! I'm taking OTC Ibuprofen during the day for my back pain, which is manageable. The Percocets weren't really squelching the pain so I knew I would either have to go to a more powerful narcotic or jump of the Percocet train. You can accomplish anything if you set your mind to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment