Lean, Mean Weaning Machine

Lean, Mean Weaning Machine
Wean Yourself Off Opiates!

Friday, March 18, 2016

Had A Not-So-Great Night

Yesterday I began taking a half a Percocet 10 3 times a day, last night I went to sleep and only slept 4 hours. I woke up in pain, feeling the withdrawal symptoms. Tonight I will take 2 sleep aids instead of 1 and hope that will help. It's as if my body is realizing that the drugs are disappearing and it's fighting back. Today I'm feeling the pain but I have to tolerate it. I have gained some relief by taking ibuprofen. This week may be the hardest week in this process. I have nasal congestion, aches, pains in my back and in my hands. The 2nd Season of Daredevil was released today on Netflix so I'm distracting my discomfort by occupying my attention with that. Here I thought the worst is over and it has just begun. I will get through this, I will not give up. My mind is more powerful than any hold a drug has on me. Determination is my super-power. If Matt Murdock can take a beating from the Punisher and survive then I can take a beating from my own nervous system as it tries to persuade me to just take a pill. Just take one, Dude, you'll feel better. It's only one pill, who will know? I will know. It's a trap. It would only stretch this out further. The line must be drawn here, right here, no farther!

No comments:

Post a Comment