Lean, Mean Weaning Machine

Lean, Mean Weaning Machine
Wean Yourself Off Opiates!

Monday, March 14, 2016

I Can See The Finish Line Ahead!

Every day this gets easier. I've cut my dosage in half for almost a week, on Thursday I will drop my dosage from one pill 3 times a day to 1/2 pill 3 times a day. A week from this Thursday I will be completely off Percocet 10 Pain Pills. It hasn't been really easy, but it hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be. A runny nose has been the most irritating symptom of withdrawal, maybe a bit of anxiety, but that lessens every day. I was in a car accident back in the 1990s. A teenage girl was at a stop sign, and she was stoned. Just as I drove in front of her at about 35 MPH, she gunned it and slammed into me, turning my car completely around. I was left with an L4 Disc Protrusion & some spinal damage. My back hurts when I exert myself, so as long as I don't engage in heavy lifting, I'll be okay. I take ibuprofen and naproxen for pain right now and so far, it has been enough. I have learned methods of pain control that are effective without using narcotics. I will be so glad when I am finally free of this chemical dependency. There are a few drugs I will have to continue to take, like a medication that treats my tachycardia, for benign prostate, for acid reflux, and an antidepressant that keeps headaches away that I have been on for 20 years. These will be the only drugs that I will take other than over the counter pain medications. If you're interested in doing the same, just keep thinking of that finish line where you'll finally be free. The sign is small but I can make out what it says, way down the road. It says "YOU ARE NOW FREE FROM CHEMICAL DEPENDENCE & ADDICTION."

No comments:

Post a Comment