Lean, Mean Weaning Machine

Lean, Mean Weaning Machine
Wean Yourself Off Opiates!

Friday, March 11, 2016

Still Fighting The Good Fight

Second day of dropping my dosage from 2 Percocet 10s 3 times a day to 1 Percocet 10 3 times a day, and I am feeling it. I don't feel normal, I'm yawning even though I slept all night thanks to the ZzzQuil I'm using to sleep with. It got bad yesterday evening but tonight I'm going to have some jello shots to cloak the discomfort. I can imagine how hard this would be if I couldn't sleep, but I can, so the days aren't that bad. There is a voice telling me that all I have to do is go take more pills and I'll feel better, but if I don't see this through I'll be out of pills and going cold turkey is very unpleasant. I will not indulge that voice. I have the will to defeat this and I will defeat this chemical dependency. It's really not all that bad so far, the discomfort is tolerable so I'm good. In a week or two I will be free from this monkey on my back and no more monkeys are riding on me. Besides, I want to prove to my addicted family members that it won't kill them to break the cycle of addiction, and it's well worth a bit of discomfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment