Lean, Mean Weaning Machine

Lean, Mean Weaning Machine
Wean Yourself Off Opiates!

Sunday, May 1, 2016

It's Great To Be Free!

I have been completely off narcotic pain medications for a while now. My main challenge is remembering how to manage pain like I did before I was prescribed the pain pills. I can now sleep at night, I sometimes need a sleep aid but that's no problem. I now take aspirin, ibuprofen or naproxen for pain, over the counter. It's like I lost my superpowers since those pills made me be more active, be happier, I never stressed about pain because those pills took the pain away! Don't look at this thinking I am anti-paid medication because I'm not! I kid you not, if I had a doctor that would prescribe them for me, I just may take them if the pain becomes unmanageable. But right now, I'm just a bit slower, there's less spring in my step, but I'm happy staying off the oxycodone for now. It was difficult to quit, a bit unpleasant, but that's where alcohol & marijuana can help with the withdrawal symptoms. Withdrawal only lasts for a week or two and then you're home free. Just think twice about taking those narcotic pain pills. Some of us can handle taking them, then stopping, but some of us may have problems with it. I think it's a mistake to give them to young people without good reason knowing it could lead to a heroin addiction. Thanks for reading my blog, I hope it helps you!

No comments:

Post a Comment